Saturday, February 9, 2008

I am boycotting Blockbuster


The Enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, we had a message on our answering machine from Blockbuster today saying that we had a movie out that was 7 days past the due date and we were going to be charged the sale price. I took a couple of late movies back a few days ago and just assumed that it was talking about those. Well, at the end of the message it told us what movie was late and it was a movie that we had never even checked out. Heck, it was a movie that we have never even seen before nor would we ever want to. So, I called to talk to the store and they pretty much told me sorry, your problem. They said that they couldn't take the sale off our account until the movie was turned in. Well, I told them that we couldn't turn the movie in because we never had it in our possession. He was like, well there is nothing I can do. I said then I will come in and cancel our account, but I am not paying for a movie that has never been in our possession. Now I have to call their corporate office on Monday so they can take this dumb movie off of our account. Which, they better do!!!!!!

Les went in there to talk to them too, since he is the person who opened the account. He asked how the movie was paid for because we always use our card. And of course, conveniently this movie was paid for with cash. What a coincidence!!!!!! What makes us mad is that obviously whoever rented this movie gave no form of ID otherwise it would have showed that it was not Les or I. This Blockbuster could care less that we are being screwed over and that they have unlawfully rented to an unknown person. So, needless to say Blockbuster has lost us as very loyal customers.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Kristi,

you should switch to Netflix...cheaper and easier...we love it. I just go to the mail box to get my movies, and there is never a late fee....

We boycott all video stores now.

kiki said...

yes, you should try netflix I heard they are good!

Penny said...

Yeah, I've just about had it with Blockbuster myself. I actually got in a fight with a blockbuster manager during the beginning of this pregnancy. It was really humiliating because I totally got out of hand (I totally blame my pregnant woman hormones). Needless to say, I didn't go back to that store for a while.