Last night I got very nervous because after Wyatt went to sleep he was very restless and when he would wake up, it just sounded like he was struggling to breath. At one point it was really bad and he was very rigid and his back was arched and he would just not settle down and breath normally. It was about 12:30am and so I called my mom to see if she could come with me to take him to the ER. By the time she got there he had settled down a little bit was breathing a little easier, but was still not right. So, we packed him up and headed to the Children's ER at U of M. We have a much closer hospital, but I just really felt like I wanted him to go to one that is specifically for children. As soon as we walked to the check in desk they heard his labored breathing and assured me that I had not overreacted. They gave him an intense breathing treatment (that totally raised his heart rate into the 220s, but is normal for that treatment) and then gave him an oral steroid that will work in his system for the next 72 hours. With the breathing treatment they gave him they had to monitor and observe him for 4 hours so, there we sat and waited. I felt a little bad that my mom had to stay so long with us, but I'm glad that she was able to be there with me. After they were done observing him they felt comfortable sending him home so away we went. I walked into my house at about 6am (this is after the time change so it felt more like 7am). I was soooo tired. I crawled into bed and pretty much slept most of the day, so thankful that I have a husband that understands and totally let me sleep. So far he is doing pretty good today. I'm really hoping for a good night and no more scariness.
My sweet little boy
Breathing treatment is over and he is feeling much better.




2 comments:
This happened with Luke a few months ago! So scary! Poor Wyatt, glad he is going better after his breathing treatment!
Oh no! How scary!!! So glad he is doing well and you caught up on much needed sleep! He looks adorable in the oversized hospital gown!
Post a Comment