Monday, June 8, 2009

Audrey Turns 1!!!!!!!!!!

*I feel like such a bad mom because Audrey turned 1 years old on May 22nd and I am just now blogging about it.

My baby girl turned 1 years old on May 22nd. I just can't believe that the day has already come. We didn't do much on her actual birthday, but we did have a big party a week later. We invited some friends and family over and had a great time. Before I get into the party pictures, I wanted to tell some of the things that Audrey is doing now a days.
-She is 22.6 lbs and 30 in. long.
-She is walking all over the place and has been doing so for about a week now. Before that she would walk, but she would still crawl a lot. Now, she pretty much never crawls.
-She yells and babbles all the time.
-She has her top 4 and bottom 4 front teeth (which she has had for quite a while) and she also has 4 molars.
-She does great with a cup and never uses a bottle.
-She adores her mother and always has a smiling face for her.
-She loves to play with her brothers and likes to get in on the action when they are playing.
-She is an awesome napper, but is still working on sleeping completely through the night.
-She loves big people food and wants nothing to do with baby food, except for baby cereal.
-She loves being outside and has even gotten better about walking in the grass. (Before, she didn't want the grass to touch her.)
-Her dad can really make her laugh.
-Whenever she hears music she can't help but to start shaking it and bouncing.
-She has enough hair for a very cute ponytail on the top of her head or for two very little pig tails.
-She likes to rip out her pony tails and barrettes.
-She is such a wonderful part of our family and we all feel blessed everyday to have her with us.

Now to the party pictures.......

You can't tell from the picture, unless you click to enlarge it, but we did a flower theme.
I was pretty happy with the cake I made. I rented a flower cake mold, which made it so easy.

Here is the birthday girl taking a turn to hit the flower pinata. She had some help from her daddy.
Logan showing us his awesome batting skills.
Look at Parker go!!!!!!
Bradyn with his power swing. He was the first one to crack it open. (The boys had their opening day for baseball that morning so, that is why they are all in their uniforms. I will blog about that later.)

When the pinata finally fell, it didn't let all the candy out so, here is my friend Lisa dumping the rest out for the crowd of kids we had there.

Audrey is having her very first sucker that she got from the pinata. Let me tell you, she really did enjoy it too.
Here she is looking at her own personal cake. I made a smaller version of the big flower cake so that Audrey would have one all to herself to do what she wanted with it.

She dug right in!!!!!!!


However, this is pretty much all she did with it. I think she may have put a little bit in her mouth, but that is about it.
Present time!!!!!!
She really enjoyed this balloon and ball. It is so funny to watch her play with a ball sometimes. It is almost like she is a little puppy because when she was crawling she would chase it around.

"This is such a fun party mom and dad, thanks for having my friends over" -Audrey

"Mom, I know you think these are so cute, but get them off my face"- Audrey
All and all it was a great party and I am so thankful for all those who could make it to celebrate with us.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our sweet little girl!!!!! We sure do love you!!!!

2 comments:

That Girl said...

I love that one pic with the balloon! I can't wait to kiss her cheeks.

SuperMom and SuperDad said...

I can't believe that she's one already. What a big girl. Miss you guys a ton!! -Faith