Why is it that some people are just your friend sometimes. Now, on the other hand there are those people who are always your friend, no matter who is around or no matter what they are doing. I call those people my 100% friends and I would like to think that I am one of those people to my friends. However, those kind of friends are not the ones I want to vent about.
This past year alone I have had TWO "friends" who have totally cut my out of their lives. Now, I am not talking about the kind of friend who you only speak with occasionally, but these women where very much a part of my life and who I considered as some of my closest friends. I'm not going to lie, these two instances have really affected me. It made me so sad (to the point of having a hard time sleeping at night) that I lost these two friends in my life. I'm going to be honest and tell you that these two separate instances actually happened quite a few months ago, but these last couple of days I have been in kind of a funk so, I thought maybe it would help for me to just write it down. So anyway....... when I think about this, I can't help but wonder, is it me? Am I really that awful of a person that two close friends would just drop me like I was nothing? If I am one thing, I would like to think of myself as a VERY GOOD FRIEND to my friends. My husband and my mom even tell me sometimes that I am too good of a friend. I don't know, maybe I have been wrong all along. Maybe I'm not as good of a friend as I thought I was. I know I have been blabbering, but for some reason I just really need to get this off my chest. Like I said, it really hurt me when I lost those two ladies as my friends.
I think something I need to do is make sure that I continue to be a "100%" friend to the friends that I do have and stop dwelling on the friendships that I have lost. Man, sometimes I feel like I am still in High School with how often I get my feelings hurt. Am I alone with this one? Are any of you as sensitive as apparently I am?
Now I do want to give a shout out to a couple of women who truely are amazing and have always been a great "100%" friend to me. Thanks for listening to my woes and for not judging me!!!!!
Here is Penny, Melissa and Myself
(gotta love friends you can be crazy with)
And of course my sister!!!!! She is my eternal 100% friend!




7 comments:
Hope your feeling at least a little bit better now that you were able to vent.
I am so sorry that you have been feeling so blue. Just remember that you also have a Heavenly Father that loves you and knows you better than even you do. Turn to him and he will never let you down. I of course Love you so much and will always be there for you!
I have always described you as loyal. You are a wonderful friend. Did these old friends offer an explanation?
Lisa, don't you just love that picture of us. I think I look kind of sick because I am so pale :)
Linz, there were some misunderstandings with both actually. However, you would never expect a friendship to end because of them. And thank you for saying that I am a wonderful friend, it means a lot :)
Just remember, do not to let Satan win. Contuine to talk to them and and be a friend.(Maybe not a close one) I remember when my brother disowned me as a sister. I said that was his choice but I did not disown him as a brother. I made him talk to me and at first it was very hard for him, you could tell but I force him to talk to me. I know that he no longer feels that way about me. Remember these sister in your prayer and you will not be sorry in the future.
We love you down here.
I'm your friend!!! Even though we don't always talk very often... you can always count on me!
I am sure it is not you, just remember it is their loss!!
Post a Comment