Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mommy and Audrey


Audrey has been having some rough days.  She has done a lot of yelling and telling us no when we ask her to do stuff.  This was not her normal behavior a couple months ago.  I don't know if its because we have a new baby in the house
(who she just adores and is never mean to) or because her brothers are now home all day everday and it can get pretty crazy around here or maybe it is a mixture of everything.  Either way, she had a total meltdown the other day and I decided maybe she needed some girl time.  (As she and I always tell each other, "Us girls have to stick together".)  So, this afternoon we went on a little date. 
We started off by going to the Dollar Store, because she had earned some money.  After that I told her she could decide where we went for a dessert.  She chose to go to The Cupcake Station in downtown Plymouth.  We love that place...oh yumm!!!  She specifically asked if we could eat our cupcakes inside the store.  Probably because the last time we went I got them to go.  Before we went to eat our cupcakes, she wanted to go sit at the fountain that is in the middle of the park they have there.  People were putting their feet inside the water so, she was thrilled to do it too.  She also threw in some pennies and made some great wishes.  It was so wonderful to see so many smiles on my little girl's face.  She was so happy, which of course made me one happy momma!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Fox said...

So cute. perfect date with mommy!