Saturday, September 1, 2007

First Week of School

Well, I decided that I don't want to wait any longer to post about Bradyn's first week of school. I was waiting to put pictures with this post, but I still have no idea where our camera cord is. I am sure it is in some mystery box stuffed into one of our many closets :)

Anyway, the whole family was able to take Bradyn for his first day of school. I was so happy that Les was able to come with us too. It is really nice because here, the elementary school starts 45 minutes before the High School does. This way, if needed, Les will be able to drop Bradyn off at school before he heads off to work. The High school is only about 5 minutes from our apartment so Les has no commute time (which of course I love). Back to the first day.... Bradyn was excited to start school, but he told me that he was a little scared. He walked right into his classroom and we found his table. As we left he watched us the whole way out the door, but he didn't cry or anything, he just watched us. Amazing, I felt really good about leaving him there. I had been soooooo nervous about sending him for the last week, so I prayed very hard for strength. Gratefully my prayers where answered and I felt really good about the whole thing. Here, kindergarten is all day so Bradyn was able to bring is lunch in his new lunch box. We live really close to the school, so when it was time to get him me and the other two boys walked to pick Bradyn up. It was so funny because when he came outside he was so upset that I didn't drive to pick him up. He was so tired and it was 100 degrees outside. I told him that I would drive the next day.

He said that his first day was really good and that he had Spanish class that day. I asked him how recess was and he said that it wasn't that fun because it was hot and he was soooooooo sweaty. If he know Bradyn, you know how sweaty he gets :) All and all I think he really had a good first day.

The rest of the week went just as well. He has a special class everyday wether it be Spanish, Art, Music or Gym. He said that music was fun (he had that on Wednesday) and that they danced. I think that he is starting to make friends because he is actually talking about specific kids now. The only problem I have had is with the cafeteria. Thursday there was a invoice in Bradyn's folder saying that I owed for a bought lunch. I asked Bradyn if he bought lunch one day and he confidently told me NO. So, I called the cafeteria and told them that he brought his lunch everyday. In there records they had him buying on the first day, which I know didn't happen because the teacher asked that first day if he brought his lunch. Anyway they took off the charge and apparently there is a Braylin in his class, so maybe this child bought lunch instead. I just hope that this doesn't happen again. One really cool thing about this school district is that Me, Parker and Logan can go and have lunch with Bradyn when we can. We were going to go on Friday, but something came up and we weren't able too. Thankfully I never told Bradyn that we were going to come. Also, he teacher seems really great and she has been teaching awhile so that is nice.

Well I found the cord so I guess I can put pictures after all.




2 comments:

kiki said...

Oh my goodness that's too cute! I just showed my boys the pictures of Bradyn and Jack reminded me that when he was that age he had the same backpack! Nolan thought it was SO cool to see Bradyn.

Christina said...

Awesome! I hoe that Carl and I can be as composed as you were! I am sure we'll blubber a bit! lol