Thursday, September 4, 2008

1st Day of School

Yesterday was Bradyn's First Day of 1st Grade. I cannot believe that I have a 1st grader!!! Since we moved this summer Bradyn started a new school and although he was very excited, I could tell he was a little nervous. I was nervous too. I loved his old school and old teacher so much that I was a little sad that he wasn't going back. However, we meet his new teacher the night before and she seems really wonderful. So that made me feel better. And today was his first time riding a bus to school (something else that I was really nervous about). He was so excited and since he and the little boy across the street are the only two kids in the neighborhood being picked up, they moved the bus stop from around the corner and down the street to the corner which is one house down. I am so excited about this because now I don't have to drag the other kids out of the house and I can just walk outside and the stop is right there. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!

My baby's all grown up
Bradyn and his friend Nolan. Bradyn has known Nolan since they were babies and they both happen to move this summer and are now going to the same school. How crazy is that.
At his new table in his new classroom

As a little sidenote.... Les also started his new teaching job and everything seems to be going really good. He gets home so early now which is awesome for me :)

7 comments:

kiki said...

Daniel took a side picture of the boys so I am going to copy/paste this picture!

kristi said...

Ok, that is cool with me!!!

Hannah said...

I'm glad that Bradyn had a good first day! He is growing up so quick!

Hillary said...

It's nice that he already knows someone at school. Are they in the same class? Does he have to wear a uniform? It just looked as though they might. My kids do. I was just wondering your take on uniforms. I actaully like them (although my kids don't). I'm glad Les's job is going well. I hope he has a really good experience there and is able to stay for a long time.

kristi said...

No, they don't wear uniforms. It just so happened that him and Nolan were wearing similar things. I wouldn't mind uniforms, but if I were the one going to school and wearing them then I would probably hate them too.

Kenn and Natalie said...

Wow, I miss out on all the news now that I'm an out of state-er. Where is Les teaching? Your little girl is so sweet. You dress her so cute! It's so fun isn't it? I still have fun dressing Liberty.

kristi said...

He is teaching in Flat Rock now. Thanks, I love dressing her. Its hard because I want her to wear everything as much as possible I just don't know if it will happen. She is such a doll.