So, Logan had his 3 year check up on Monday and since I made it for later in the day, Les was h0me and I was able to go with just Logan. Which was very nice!!! I had told me ahead of time that he was not going to be getting any shots, since I don't remember my other kids getting shots at age 3. Well, apparently I was wrong and he was going to be getting 2 shots. A Hep. A shot and then a flu shot. After the Dr. left the room I broke the news to him and I think he was in denial because he didn't get upset about it at all. So, the two assistants came in to give him his shots. I laid him on the table and was being silly with him by puttin my hand over his eyes so that he couldn't see. They never told me to hold his hands back and then they started giving him the shots, both of them taking on leg each. Well, the denial was over and the second the shots were inserted in he instinctively went to grab for the one in is right leg. I tried to grab his arm, but I was too late and he made contact with the shot and pushed it away successfully sticking the assistant with the needle. I quickly apologized, but I am not sure if she heard me.
Well, the girl kind of freaked out and dramatically pulled her hand away and rushed out of the room. I felt really bad because I know that I wouldn't want to be poked with someone elses needle. However, I know that he isn't sick with anything (I just don't know how well she knows that). I quickly comforted my crying child and got him dressed to leave. As we walked out the door I could hear the girl behind the desk washing her hands. Also as we were leaving another assistant just stared me down and looked at me like I was the worst and dumbest parent there was. Whatever lady, yes I feel bad that she got poked, but come on she is the so called professional shouldn't she have made sure that I had his arms securely down first. Oh well, I am sure I am plagued at that office now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Whatever. Totally her fault. Plus she should have warned you when she was going to do it. This IS supposed to be her job, right?
Grrrrrrrrr.
They should have totally asked you to keep his arms down. Whenever I have been, they give very specific instructions. That was their fault and I guess they learned their lesson!
It is so that lady's fault. All the times I have been there they have told me to hold on to the arms AND they count to three before they give the shot. So odd that they didn't do that!
Post a Comment