Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Poor Parker

My poor little Parker. It seems like since we have lived here in Texas he has been sick so often. He has allergies so bad here that the nasal drainage has caused his ear drum to burst. Apparently from all the build up. It is kind of crazy because he never even complained that his ear hurt. The only reason I new something was up was because yesterday at work he said that there were "yuckies" in his ear. When I looked at it, there was too much stuff for it to be just ear wax, not to mention the hair around his ear was kind of crusty. Well, when it comes to ears I am kind of clueless. I never had ear infections as a child so, I don't really know what to look for. Luckily we met Les at lunch time yesterday and he is one who did have ear problems as a child so, he knew that it was something to definitely call the Dr. over. Thankfully I was able to get him in today and we have some antibiotics for him to take. Oh and Bradyn was home sick from school today so, I was "lucky" enough to be able to take all the kids with me to the Dr :) So, Parker has to take a oral antibiotic and an ear drop antibiotic. Not to mention the new allergy medication they gave me for Parker to squeeze up his nose every morning. Like I said earlier, my poor little Parker he has to take so many medications. I just want him to finally have some relief from these horrible allergies that he has recently acquired. It is so hard to see your kids miserable :( Love you Parker!!!!!!

5 comments:

Hillary said...

You're right, it does suck to see your kids miserable and not be able to do anything to help them. That's how I felt when Merrit was hurt after the accident. We were sitting in the ER and the doctore was examining him. She was poking in places that hurt him and you could tell from the look on his face it hurt and I couldn't do a darn thing but sit in my chair with tears in my eyes. Sometimes when your kids are hurt or sick, it's almost worse for the parents. I hope he feels better soon and that the allergy medicine helps him from having another eye infection. Hang in there Parker! Eye infections can be a tricky thing to know about. I've missed them in my own kids until they've gotten almost as bad as Parker's. Do you think the allergies were brought on by the Texas air, or do you think he was just pre-disposed to them?

Beth said...

Poor Parker! And poor you! I agree with Hillary, it's hard for the parent to see your kids suffering. I hope he gets better soon!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! My daughter Linnea (the two-year-old) has had more than her fair share of problems, so I know how you must be feeling. It's SO HARD to watch a child in pain. I hope Parker feels better soon!

That Girl said...

Awwwwwwww ... poor kid. Don't feel bad about not "noticing" before. Same thing happened to my mom with Michael. He was kinda "off" for a good week, but not complaining about his ear or fever or anything. Finally she decided to take him to the doctor, and on the way, his eardrum exploded - he started screaming like crazy. The doctor chastised her a little , saying he must have had the infection for a while. But really, how was she supposed to know?!

I think the worst thing I ever had to go through was when Isaac got stitches on his chin. He was all strapped up in a papoose thingy and looking at me like a total traitor. Oh, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!!

Penny said...

Poor Parker! Those kind of ear infections are the worst. Malia had that happen to her this winter and she also didn't complain about her ear hurting. The ear drops cleared it right up though. I hope Parker is doing okay now.

BTW, you are the cutest pregnant lady, EVER! Oh and I bet your little girl is going to be super cute, just like your boys.