Thursday, May 7, 2009

Trouble!!!!!!!












I do not know what is up with these two little boys lately!!!! They have been so insane and acting naughty quite often. It is so hard because sometimes it seems that they really don't care that I am getting mad at them. I have been trying really hard to keep my cool so, I have tried to keep the yelling to a minimum. However, I swear they don't respond to me unless I am raising my voice. I don't know, maybe I have somehow taught them that I only mean business when I am yelling. I guess, I need to reteach them that just because I am not yelling doesn't mean that I am not serious about them stopping whatever it is that they are doing.


So, today I am coming up from the basement and I notice this on the wall.

It is a row of stamps leading pretty much all the way up the stairs. Now, you may have thought that it was the 3 year old who did this, but NO it was the 5 year old. I mean come on, are you kidding me!!!!!! What would ever make him think that it was ok to stamp a bright blue stamp up a white wall, I have no idea. I think what makes it worse is that he really didn't seem to care that I was unhappy that he did this. Also, what makes it WAYYYYYYYYYY worse is that right now we are living with my parents so, it is not my wall that he stamped, it is theirs. When I showed my dad he didn't freak out, which is good.
Then, after talking to him about the stamp (and I do mean talking, I didn't raise my voice once) about 10 minutes later the two of them hide under a plastic table we have by the door wall and proceeded to finger paint on the bottom of the table. Like, Seriously?!?!?!?!? I am telling you, they just don't care about the way they are behaving lately. This is something that I definitely have to change. I am not going to tolerate being disrespected!!!!! And, I don't tolerate it so, I don't know why they want to get in trouble because they do get in trouble. Everytime!!!!!!
So, do you think that a magic eraser will take this off? Does anyone have any other ways that will take a stamp off a wall?

7 comments:

Pam said...

Oh I feel for ya. I am guessing that the ink is water soluable. You could probably get the majority out with a baby wipe and then get a product called de-solv-it I think that is how it is spelled. Just to let you know within the next couple of days we will have a full moon, and this seriously effects our children. It is like they have been taken to a different planet and act like aliens. Happy Mothers Day!

kristi said...

Thanks Pam!!!! I will look for that stuff. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

That Girl said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, ouch. Times three.

I'm all about using a dish sponge with just a little dish detergent. It's worked on everything I've ever needed to get off a wall (including play dough, crayons, markers, boogers, and lipstick.)

The Stump Clan said...

I am in the exact same boat you are- I feel like half of my day is spent yelling at Austin. Aargh- kids. And then they do something so cute- that you forget why you are mad at them!! Good luck- I feel your pain!!

Hillary said...

I think you should have them help you clean up their messes. Maybe if they have some consequences that aren't pleasant they won't be so eager to do things they know they shouldn't. Besides, cleaning up after yourself is a natural consequence to your action. This is what other people have suggested I do with my kids if they decide to make a mess.

West Virginia Hicks said...

Hang in there Kristi. One thing that I am slowly learning is that yelling will not help at all. I agree with Hillary. Have them help clean up then they go into time out (same place, no yelling, no toys, no one besides you or dad talks to them). One minute per year of age (a timer really helps here)When their time is done make sure you go over why they were in time out at their level, (you may have to get down on your knees) Make sure you thank them for setting and give them an extra hug for doing so. I guess this is one of the reasons that the Lord has given me children to raise again. I feel that I am doing a little better this time. I look at the blog everyday to see how things are going with you. Love ya, give all of the kids a big hug and kiss from Grandma I miss all of you.

kristi said...

Yes, my kids definitely get consequences when they do something they are not suppose to. Parker has already started the cleanup of the stamp. It will be a job that takes more than one try.