I am so excited for him to start Kindergarten because I know he is ready and will do great. I think it will be hard for him that he is only going for 1/2 day because in Texas Bradyn went to Kindergarten for a full day. I don't think he will be very happy that he doesn't get to have lunch at school. Luckily he has a little friend who is in Kindergarten right now and he sees that he comes home for lunch and so I think that has helped to prepare him.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Kindergarten Round up
Back on May 8th our school district had Kindergarten Round up. Parker was so excited to go and see the school. It is pretty funny because on the way there we passed his preschool and he said "Logan goes there by himself now right, because I go to Kindergarten now." I had to explain to him that no, this was just a time that he could go and see the school and Kindergarten classrooms, but that he wouldn't actually be starting Kindergarten until after summer break. (My kids all know what summer break means, since their dad will be off too. We talk about it a lot.) I think he also thought that I was just going to drop him off and so I had to tell him that no, I was going to stay at the school too. It is so nice because once we got there they take the kids down to the classroom to do some activities and then us parents stay back and have an information meeting. I was excited for Parker that he was able to go to the classroom without me and have a mini Kindergarten experience.
I am so excited for him to start Kindergarten because I know he is ready and will do great. I think it will be hard for him that he is only going for 1/2 day because in Texas Bradyn went to Kindergarten for a full day. I don't think he will be very happy that he doesn't get to have lunch at school. Luckily he has a little friend who is in Kindergarten right now and he sees that he comes home for lunch and so I think that has helped to prepare him.
After the parent meeting and the classroom fun, the kids (and us parents) were able to go on a bus ride. One thing that is really great about this school district is that if you want, they will transport all AM Kindergartens home from school, even if you are within walking distance. Here, Parker is taking his first school bus ride with his friend Ty. Ty is a little boy who lives next door and they just love playing together. I love this picture of Parker, I love to see that happy smiling face.
I am so excited for him to start Kindergarten because I know he is ready and will do great. I think it will be hard for him that he is only going for 1/2 day because in Texas Bradyn went to Kindergarten for a full day. I don't think he will be very happy that he doesn't get to have lunch at school. Luckily he has a little friend who is in Kindergarten right now and he sees that he comes home for lunch and so I think that has helped to prepare him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I can't believe how grown up he is now....it's going WAY too fast.
Post a Comment